Remember that relatively vague and stupid article someone wrote a while ago about 23 things to do instead of getting engaged at 23? I would normally just link to it, but I don't want to give it any more undeserving attention than it already got (mostly because it was generally really stupid and full of obviously embittered "woe is me, I'm single" angst-y 'advice', but also because I was engaged at 21 and married by 22, so...there's always that. But hey, I guess I didn't get engaged at 23 did I now? #winning).
Anyway, I'm sure you remember it, because it went viral and sprung all of these quasi-relevant but equally stupid rebuttal articles like "23 things to do when you're married at 23," or "why my 23 married things are better than your pathetic single life 23 things" (okay, I might be slightly exaggerating on that one).
That being said, as you all (or at least those who read the post about it) know, I just turned 24 a little over a week ago, and therefore decided to construct a little list of my own. However, mine is completely independent of relationship status, and merely consists of 24 things (I would like) to do at the ripe old age of 24. This isn't necessarily a list of advice that I am giving to all 24 year olds to do at 24, but what I WOULD advise is to make your own list for yourself! Regardless of age, it's always good to map out some things, serious or not, that you would like to accomplish during your current year. Try it! That being said, here goes my own...feel free to heed my advice at your own risk.
24 Things to Do at 24
2. Write down career goals.
3. Take a graphic design class.
4. Fill your apartment with more art. (Etsy, hello.)
5. Express gratitude more often.
6. Get more sleep.
7. Roadtrip to San Fran, Portland and Seattle.
8. Try something new.
9. Get a 4th tattoo.
10. Make a five year plan (it's okay if you don't stick to it).
11. Learn all of the words to "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea...and then rap your ASS off every time it comes on in the car.
12. Stop comparing yourself to other people.
14. Visit at least ONE out of state friend this year.
15. Apologize more.
16. Stop doing things that need apologizing for.
17. Get a custom blog design (and domain!).
18. Surprise a friend with a gift, just because.
19. Pick an exercise regimen, and stick to it for at least a month.
20. Fully master a yoga headstand (or handstand, if we're going for the gold here!).
21. Go camping for the first time.
22. Try a new hair color. If you hate it, change it back. (I kind of did this with the blonde...but I think I should go more drastic).
23. Go a whole month without buying anything you don't absolutely need.
24. Stop caring what other people think. And love them anyway.
Well guys, there you have it. My list of 24 things to do at 24. Hold me to it! How about all of you...it's your turn to make a list. Are you up to the challenge?