Phoenix < NYC

DSC_4957.jpg DSC_4915.jpg DSC_4939.jpg DSC_4923.jpg DSC_4943.jpg 2vrect DSC_4919.jpg DSC_4941.jpg
shirt/Nordstrom (similar), pants/F21, heels/Louise Et Cie, bag/ Louis Vuitton Ellipse Shopper (discontinued), necklace/F21(similar)

As most of you know, this past year Daniel and I moved to Phoenix from south Florida. It hasn't exactly been the easiest transition, and I've had to come to terms with my disappointments in Phoenix in a lot of ways. However, one thing that has completely won me over about it is the murals and graffiti that are so abundant downtown where we live. We stumbled across this crazy cool back alley area with an abandoned tractor trailer that was completely covered, and it just felt like the perfect backdrop for this weird urban inspired outfit. 

That being said, why am I wearing a NYC fitted when I live in Phoenix? Well, I wish I could say it was because we were moving there when our lease ends in July (that was our hope at the beginning of this year). Being from Jersey, it felt like the perfect transition-we could be closer to our families and friends, and live in the best city in the world all at once! Why not right? Unfortunately I don't think our trek with the quasi-West coast is over yet, even though my East coast soul is dying to get back there. In the meantime I'm trying to come to terms where we're at, and maybe plan a couple of epic roadtrips up the coast so I can at least say I appreciated it while I was here. Although, West coast or not, I think it's safe to say that my style clearly hasn't stopped being influenced by my Jersey roots (at least in this outfit)!

How about all of you...anyone else undergone any crazy transitions in this past year? Decided to move somewhere random? Have any suggestions of West-coast things I should do while I'm still out here? I'm pretty sure the Redwoods, Portland, and Seattle are all potentially on our agenda for the summer...but I'd love to hear your input!

xo,
grace


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are like sleeping in on Saturday-the best! Drop me a line, anytime. :)